We are casting a nationwide ensemble of 6-8 Deaf actors fluent in ASL (submit below.) Hilari and MoMo will guide the cast to create an original full-length professional play together. Each actor will get to develop their own characters and dialogue within the play’s structure. Although acting skills are important, we are focusing on each person’s creativity, storytelling skills and passion for working in an ensemble and being part of this project. Hearing actors will be cast later this summer for voicing.
February 19 - April 15
Nationwide auditions for Deaf actors (self-tape)
March 14 and March 15
Optional Los Angeles audition workshops.
Deadline for audition submissions.
Callbacks and final casting decisions.
July 10 – August 14
Development, rehearsals and performances in Los Angeles.
Voicing actor auditions. More info later this summer.
All actors will be paid. We will provide airfare and lodging for out-of-town actors.
All Deaf actors must be available from July 10 – August 14. If you have conflicts, please come to our free LA workshop in March for future consideration. We want everyone there!
- Fill out the audition form and make sure you hit “submit” on the last page.
- Watch MoMo’s Audition video below for filming instructions.
- Film yourself signing a short (2-min. max) scary story on your smartphone – MOV or MP4 format.
- Film an optional second personal story (2-min. max) that can be funny, scary, sad, angry or thoughtful.
- Fingerspell clearly your name, city, state and email at the beginning before your story.
- After recording, please change the video file name to your first and last name.
- Upload audition files to our Dropbox
(You don't need to have a Dropbox account to do this. Your audition is private.)
MARCH 14 & 15 in LA – Join us for FREE STORYTELLING/AUDITION WORKSHOPS!
MoMo and Hilari are conducting two free 3-hour workshops in Los Angeles focusing on improvisational storytelling and audition techniques. Each workshop will include audition taping by a professional film director. Workshops are for Deaf actors and will be conducted in ASL.
-- Come play with us, even if you’re on the fence about auditioning!
-- You’re welcome for either date – both workshops are the same.
-- Space is limited, so RSVP by registering here for free March workshop.
(Auditions for hearing actors will be in June – stay tuned for more details!)
It’s free, but RSVP here for the address. Space is limited.
Tuesday, March 14 at 12PM – 3PM (2pm – 3pm we will help you film your auditions)
Wednesday, March 15 at 6PM – 9PM (8pm – 9pm – we will help you film your auditions)